CARROLL’S CASE STUDY
Helping leading Irish FMCG player transition from existing ERP to new SAP ERP platform
Carroll Cuisine, an Irish producer and distributor of branded cooked meats, completed a management buyout in 2015. The company migrated from a shared single SAP Environment. As a new entity, the business needed to move to its own platform and the migration was required to be completed within the timeline of four months. Carroll Cuisine invited a number of SAP partners to bid for the project and present their credentials to a selecting panel. The scope included ERP, BW, BI, PI, retention of company data and customisation.
Client Solutions was successful in this process because of our ability to provide a one stop shop for the company’s requirements. This included:
• 24/7 Hosting Managed Services
• SAP software and maintenance
• Implementation and training services
Our approach was three fold:
1. The existing ERP system was transitioned to Business All-in-One using the client copy. All functionality and customisation was retained with the data migrated separately.
2. PI greenfield implementation replaced the original Seeburger system.
3. BW greenfield was implemented using existing structure as a reference.
The migration project was delivered with the help of our local support team who were involved throughout the project and ensured a smooth transition post go-live of the new environment.
Client Solutions successfully completed the project within the designated timelines, helping to fulfil the necessary obligation of coming off the parent system. Our SAP experts helped the company to benefit from a seamless transition with minimised impact to their business. The new system has helped the company in a number of ways, including:
• The business now has greater control and visibility of key areas allowing for enhanced business decisions.
• Moving to a single standalone platform has improved the efficiency and performance of many core processes.
Carroll’s, has grown from small beginnings as a local success to becoming a nationwide favourite. Established in 1979, Carroll’s takes great pride in its local roots in the heart of Ireland, Tullamore, Co. Offaly. An Irish Producer with a great heritage.
Interested in Digital Transformation?
Contact us today to learn how our services and solutions can
improve your business processes.